Friday, February 10, 2012

Amplifier case for carputer

I've read some forums where people have been using amplifier cases for their computers as cheap cases. I decided to give it a try and see if I can do the same.

The sacraficed amp!

Zotac NM10 ITX A-E


Soo many screws :)


A few shots of the amp disassembly.


And it fits... sort of. The board is about 1cm wider than the original amp board so I am not able to mount it directly to the metal plate on the bottom like i wanted to, but I think it will still work. I put the board in upside down and tested the clearances and everything should be good. I'm going to do some more work on it this weekend to see if I can get it completed and ready to be bolted in under the drivers seat.

I have a small fan that I will try to mount to get some sort of circulation and will watch the temperatures when I first fire it up to make sure it's not going to overheat. Might even throw it in the oven at 100 degrees to test for those nice warm sunny days. Of course I would never drive my car without AC on those days, but when you first get in after a long day of baking in sunlight things can get pretty warm for a while.




No comments:

Post a Comment